Friday, March 12, 2010

Foundations


Jacob & Randi Leister with their children Caedman & Addison




Jacob & his daughter Addi!




Our second son, Jacob, whom we are very proud of ( along with all our other children) is now 30 years old, wow!

The day he was born began my redefining process! We had a hard time of it, that day! I had just turn 23.

After caring him an extended time of over 10 months we had a very quick delivery! We then spent a few hrs in a iron lung of sorts! Our Dr. recommended, I not do this again.

When asked how many children I wanted, my reply had always been” oh, 20 or so“! In truth, I thought for sure I would give birth to at least a dozen!

The news that Jacob would be my last pregnancy was just the beginning of the redefining that I mentioned earlier.

I grew up with a loving father who drank heavily! Things were never easy! We were poor for the most part and my mother was sick a lot of the time. I married a good man who also drank and alcohol had left it’s mark on me and my family! No matter what we tried to build for our lives, it seemed like sand, sooner or later it washed away!

The day Jacob was born, I knew for sure, I was mortal and my life would end.
I found myself wishing something different for my children. I did not want them left with the same mark! I wanted their lives and mine to have a stability, I had never known!

At the foot of my hospital bed was a bag, full of “take home” gifts, in it was a card with these words on it! “ Would you like your newborn to have a Bible with his/her own name on it?” and a place to fill in my name & his.
I was to leave it with the nurse!

Two weeks after being released from the hospital, our home got a visitor, with such a Bible!

The Baptist minister who carried it, promptly introduced me to Jesus Christ! I received His gift of new life that day! This new life, redefined my life and so my family’s into eternity!
How would you define your life and so the lives of your family?

When creating anything we have to start somewhere, on something! What we start on will define what we have at the end and how long it will last!

My reference always goes back to painting because I see God with a brush in His hand!

When picking a canvas to start painting on, it has to have certain qualities! If we pick anything less we will be very disappointed with the end product! We will miss our mark of Masterpiece!

1Corinthian’s 3:11 “ For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.”

Mothers what foundation are we working on? Let’s be sure it can hold the test of time! Phyllis Leister

2 comments:

  1. love it Phyllis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for these posts Phyllis! i love the reminder that there is a way bigger picture and purpose going on here than just me saying "don't pick your nose" for what feels like a thousand times a day, you know what i mean? : ) i love the picture too!

    ReplyDelete